Is there anything better than a brownie and coffee?
Ah, the humble brownie…I mean, who doesn’t love a good brownie?
Did you know that the first brownie recipe appeared in a cookbook in 1895? One legend about the origin of brownies is that of Bertha Palmer
, a prominent Chicago socialite whose husband owned the Palmer House Hotel.
In 1893 Palmer asked a pastry chef for a dessert suitable for ladies attending the Chicago World’s Columbian Exposition. She requested a cake-like confection smaller than a piece of cake that could be included in boxed lunches. (Source: Wikipedia)
We’ve come a long way since then and there is no shortage of exotic brownie recipes now. But let’s face it they usually require a ton of ingredients and we don’t always have those on hand…
So how about elevating that humble make at home brownie with this super easy kitchen hack.
There’s nothing like a Java Momma coffee and a coffee brownie stuffed with a Girl Scout Samoa/Caramel deLite cookies!
Say WHAAAAAT? Oh Yes.
Mix up your favorite brownie recipe; from scratch or a box
Mix in 1 teaspoon of finely ground coffee and ¼ cup leftover Java Momma Coffee with the other ingredients
Throw in a handful of chocolate chips
Using a large muffin pan, fill each cup ⅔ full with batter
Press a cookie sandwich into each muffin cup and spoon the batter over the tops
Bake according to package directions.
Cool slightly before taking them out of the pan.
For an extra yummy and gooey treat, top with a tiny bit of butter.
Serve with your favorite Java Momma Coffee! (Sumatra Satin is a great place to start!)
You can also vary this with other cookies. We tested Thin Mints with Andes mints melted on top. Oh my java beans!
Coffee Samoa Brownie Muffins by Java Momma
- 1 packet of your favorite brownie mix
- 1 tsp finely ground coffee
- 1/4 cup of leftover brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 24 Samoa Cookies (or cookie of choice)
Save to BigOven
- Mix up your favorite brownie recipe; from scratch if you're feeling all Martha Stewart or a box #nojudgement
- Mix in 1 teaspoon of finely ground coffee and ¼ cup leftover brewed coffee with the other ingredients.
- Throw in the chocolate chips.
- Warm the bottoms of your Samoas so you can stick 2 of them together - this will help to keep them from floating apart in your batter...if you don't care you can skip this step.
- Using a large muffin pan, fill each cup ⅔ full with batter.
- Press a cookie sandwich into each muffin cup and spoon the batter over the tops
- Bake as per your chosen brownie recipe.
- Cool slightly before taking them out of the pan.