Enjoy the delicious combination of blueberries and coffee all year around in these delightful coffee cake muffins.
- 2 cups all-purpose (plain) flour
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup strongly brewed Blueberry Creme Coffee (or plain coffee), cooled
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- For the topping:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose (plain) flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
Save to BigOven
- Preheat oven yo 400 degrees Farenheit or 205 degrees Celcius.
- Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside. (If you don’t want to use paper liners, you could coat a muffin pan with cooking spray instead.)
- Make the crumb topping by combining the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Add the cold butter and using your fingers work the butter into the dry ingredients until it looks like coarse crumbs. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Next make the muffin batter by combining the flour, espresso powder, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the melted butter, coffee, sugars, egg and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients in with the dry and stir together just until mixed, don't overmix or your muffins will be tough.
- Gently add in your blueberries and mix to combine.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tin.
- Sprinkle the muffins with the crumb mixture, gently press the mixture into the top of the batter with your fingers.
- Place into the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the pan and let them cool on a wire rack.
© 2023 Copyright Java Momma