- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tarter, Salt and 1 Tsp of Pennsylvania Pepper.
- Add cubed butter to the flour mixture.
- Using your fingers or a pastry blender, incorporate the butter into the flour. The flour will resemble small peas. Do not overwork the mixture as you don't want the butter to get too warm.
- Add the cheese and green onions into the flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk and egg. Pour this mixture over the flour mixture.
- Mix together gently with a fork making sure that all of the flour bits are moistened by the buttermilk. Use your hands to finish incorporating gently.
- Place biscuit dough onto a lightly floured counter and knead a few times until the dough comes together. Do not over work the dough. Pat the dough into a 1½-inch thick height. Using a biscuit cutter, knife, glass, etc..cut your dough into even shapes.
- Gather scraps, knead lightly and cut remaining dough until gone.
- Place biscuits on prepared baking sheet, brush with buttermilk and Pennsylvania Pepper.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and the inside flaky.
- Serve with butter, honey or great with a sausage gravy!
© 2022 Copyright Java Momma