The Island is calling and they have cake! Island Dream gives this coffee beautiful nutty and creamy vanilla notes while you sit poolside. Take it to your next gathering and wow the crowd.
Island Dreams Cake
Save to BigOven
- Make the Cake:
- In a Mixer, blend ingredients together until fully incorporated.
- Pour into a 9″x13″ greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350* degrees for 30-35 minutes until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Make the pudding:
- To make the pudding, combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Pour pudding over the top of the cooled cake and spread to cover the cake. Refrigerate while making whipped cream.
- Whipped Topping:
- In a small saute pan, place shredded coconut and demerara sugar on a medium heat, stirring constantly with a spatula, toast until coconut is light brown in color.
- Remove from heat, pour onto a small plate or onto a paper towel and cool sweetened toasted coconut.
- While the toasted coconut is cooling, place the heavy whipping cream, the sugar and the cacao sugar into a chilled mixing bowl.
- Beat the cream until soft peaks form.
- Remove cake from the refrigerator and top the cake with the whipped cream. Sprinkle with cooled, toasted coconut on top.