Step 1: Log into your Barista Account
Go to Parties > Party Manager.
To create a new party, click New Party in the top right-hand corner
Step 2: Select a host for your party
Who is Hosting? – Dropdown with 3 options: I Am Hosting, My Customer, and New Customer.
- I Am Hosting: Most popular, the barista creating the party in their portal is the host.
- My Customer: The Barista is creating a party for one of their customers to host. When this option is chosen a second dropdown box will appear to search for the customer. Search by entering the first 3 characters of the customer’s name or ID.
- New Customer: Choosing this option will bring the Barista straight to the create new person page to add a new customer before hosting.
Step 3: Party Details
- Party Name – Choose a name for the new party.
- Date – Choose the date and time for when the party will occur. Icons to the right can be used to conveniently select the date and time.
- Time Zone – Choose the time zone the party will be hosted in.
- Phone – Field to provide a contact phone number.
- Party Type – Required dropdown to select the “rules” or “options” for this party mainly related to host orders and shipping options. This is configured in Flight under Party Types.
- Referring Party # – Enter the ID of a referral party ID here (optional).
- Description – Enter detailed information relevant to the party being created.
- Sharing Description – A brief description that will appear for the party when the party event link is shared on a social site (i.e. Facebook).
- Event Image – Add an event image to display with the shared description by clicking ‘Select files.’ This image will be featured by the event on the barista’s upcoming events page.
- Display Event On Customer Website – If this box is checked this event will be shown publicly on the barista’s replicated website. These events are shown alongside any corporate events or parties the barista has added.
- Display Event Address – Check this box to show the event address entered above where this event is shown.
- Display Event Phone Number – Check this box to show the phone number entered above where this event is shown.
Step 4: Party Address
The party host address will automatically be listed as the default address on the host’s record. To choose a different address, click Use This Address from one of the addresses available in the address book for the host’s profile or click New Address to enter a new address for the party.
When all information is complete, click Save Party at the bottom-right of the screen. This will take the barista to the Party Details page of the now existing party.
- My Customer forgot to place an order with the party. What do I do?
Orders cannot be moved if a customer has not placed the order on the party, mistakenly placing it as a regular order. If the order is canceled before the item ships, Home Office will refund and the order can be placed again by the customer properly.
- How do I close a Party when the Host has $0 balance?
If your host order has a zero balance, send in a support ticket with the form below and we will close the party for you.
Can I have a mystery party?
Yes, create a Mystery Party customer. When the winner is chosen, edit the Mystery Party customer in the customer portion of your back office.
Can I host my own party?