Creamy, lush panna cotta made with Java Momma’s CocoNuttea – this panna cotta recipe is versatile and you can substitute different flavored teas to your taste!
Panna Cotta with CocoNuttea
- 1 packet powdered gelatin (2 Tsp)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of CocoNuttea
- Premade Mini Pastry Shells, Individual Graham Crusts or “Homemade” Tart Shells. (I used ready to bake pie crust and mini tart pans)
Save to BigOven
- Place the gelatin in a small bowl, adding just enough cold water to cover the geltin powder. It will start blooming right away.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, heat the whole milk, heavy cream, and sugar to simmer.
- Once the mixture begins to simmer, remove from heat and add the vanilla and the Coconuttea.
- Allow to steep for 10-12 minutes.
- With a fine mesh strainer, strain cream mixture.
- Return the stepped tea cream to the stovetop and heat until just warmed.
- Add your bloomed gelatin and stir until gelatin has dissolved.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before adding to the tart shell of choice. If you choose, you can also pour the panna cotta into small ramekins.
- Once in shells or ramekins, place in the refrigerator to chill 6 hours or overnight.
- Serve with toasted coconut, toasted almonds and a drizzle of caramel if desired.